I'm looking for...
Redback Spider Dip
500g pizza dough balls
1 free range egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup poppy seeds
1 black olive, halved, sliced
200g green beans, trimmed
2 medium carrots, cut into sticks
2 cucumbers, cut into sticks
Bloody Tomato Salsa Dip:
1/4 red onion, finely diced
1 lime, juiced
1 clove garlic
400g no added salt diced tomatoes, strained
1. Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Use 1 dough ball to create the spider’s body on tray. Use remaining dough ball to make 1 golf ball-sized head, then roll out 16 x 5mm-thick legs with remaining dough. Attach head and 8 legs to the body by pinching dough together. Arrange remaining legs on second tray.
3. Cover trays with a clean tea towel, then place in a warm place to prove for 45 minutes or until almost doubled in size. Brush with egg, sprinkle with poppy seeds, then bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and cool completely. Cut a 10cm circle from the top of the spider’s body, ensuring not to cut all the way through. Remove bread from centre of body and reserve.
4. Meanwhile, to make the bloody tomato salsa dip, process all the ingredients in a food processor until finely chopped. Season with pepper.
5. Pour dip into spider’s body. Place olive slices on head for eyes and serve with legs, vegetables and reserved bread.