Spider Web Halloween Cookies
Learn how to make creepy cookies that look like spider webs with this easy Halloween themed recipe from Woolworths. Fun to make, extremely striking and the perfect wicked treat.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Mins Cook: 10 mins
225g soft unsalted butter
1 cup caster sugar
2 free range eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups plain flour, plus extra for rolling
1/2 cup cornflour
3 cups icing sugar mixture
1/4 cup milk
black food colouring
1. Preheat oven to 200°c/180°c fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
2. Using electric beaters, beat butter and sugar for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, then beat until combined.
3. Sift flours over butter mixture, combine on low speed for 2 minutes or until combined. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
4. Using a floured rolling pin, roll dough until 1cm thick. Use an 8cm spiderweb shaped cookie cutter to cut 24 shapes from dough, then place 2cm apart on trays. Bake for 10 minutes, then cool completely on trays.
5. Sift icing sugar into a bowl, then stir in milk until smooth.
6. Transfer 1/4 cup icing to a small bowl and tint black with food colouring. Transfer white icing to a piping bag (or ziplock bag with one corner snipped), then pipe icing onto cookies. Stand for 2 minutes or until slightly set. Transfer black icing to a piping bag (or ziplock bag with one corner snipped), then pipe three circles onto iced cookies. Using a toothpick, drag lines from the centre to the outside of the cookie to create a spiderweb. Stand for 5 minutes or until set, then serve.