I'm looking for...
80 mins prep
30 mins cook
3 cups plain flour
1/4 cup caster sugar; plus caster sugar, extra, to coat
7g sachet dry yeast
1 cup milk, warmed
60g butter, melted
1 cup raspberry jam
750ml vegetable oil
1. Combine flour, sugar, yeast and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, butter and egg. Pour into dry ingredients and stir until a soft dough forms.
2. Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes or until smooth. Place dough in a clean, greased bowl and cover with a tea towel. Leave to rest for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
3. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and punch to release air. Knead for 1 minute, then flatten or roll out until 1cm thick. Use a plain 6cm cutter to cut into rounds and place on a lined tray.
4. Place extra sugar in a bowl. Fit a piping bag with a plain nozzle and fill the bag with the jam.
5. Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Deep-fry doughnuts, in batches of 3-4, for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and puffed. Use a slotted spoon to remove and drain excess oil.
6. While warm, roll doughnuts in extra caster sugar to coat. Make a hole in one side and fill with jam. serve warm
Tip: you can substitute the raspberry jam for your favourite jam flavour from Wooloworths supermarket MacArthur Central or instead of using jam, you can fill the doughnuts with salted-caramel sauce.